Welcome to my third blog 🙇
In today’s blog, I have created a video lesson on the topic “Synonym” with the
help of ICT tools to convey the content effectively to the students. This
lesson is useful to everyone but is mainly dedicated to class four
students. I have created this video
lesson by firstly making a PowerPoint, then added all the necessary animations
and formats, and then inserted the voice to make the lesson more realistic.
Later I converted this PowerPoint to a video lesson so that students can watch
and listen to the lesson without any disturbance. Sometimes when we upload
PowerPoint files for students, some students find it difficult to use it as
this lesson is mainly for lower primary students and they cannot use PowerPoint features well. So when we upload videos along with animations, students
become interested as they can just watch and learn. So that’s the
reason why I created this lesson in a video format.
While
creating this video, I used all the necessary features like different animations,
appropriate pictures related to the topic, relevant sound which is loud enough
for the students along with the texts which are big enough for all the students
to see. So I tried to integrate different ICT tools into my lesson as much as I
could. The reason why I integrated ICT in this particular topic “SYNONYM’ for
the students is that learning just one word a day could become a monotonous
routine for the students. They require constant moderation in their learning
pattern, which learning synonyms and antonyms can give them. Also when children
know more words for the same meaning, they will start to use them in their
writing. So, those who keep up with a good synonym, always have a better and
upgraded piece of essays or other writings. If children develop the habit of
learning more words associated with one particular word, they indirectly get
trained for higher-level thinking as well. So after knowing as well as hearing the
importance of learning synonyms in our life from my teachers from middle school
till college, I thought that I should teach this interesting and important
topic to the students.
This
video will be used during lesson introduction till lesson input because it
introduces the lesson and later shares all the necessary information related to
the topic. Students will be introduced to the topic and then shown this video
where they will acquire new knowledge. They will learn new concepts like definitions of synonyms and examples of synonyms. I can guarantee that students
will be focused on the lesson because this video consists of all the necessary
features (audio, visual, etc.,) which will boost the interest of every
individual in the class and keep them engaged. This short video will also allow
students for more efficient processing and memory recall. The visual and
auditory nature of this video appeals to a wide audience and allows the students
to process information in a way that’s natural to them.
Learning activities for Students
I have designed this activity mainly to check
students understanding of the concept after the lesson input. Students can
discuss with their friends if they want to but they have to carry out this
activity individually. Students will be given a word along with a picture (If
the word is angry, a picture of an angry person will be given). All they have
to do is come up with three synonyms of that particular word.
Activity
Picture Word Synonym
Angry 1. ___________
2. ___________
3. ____________
Gift 1. ___________
2. ___________
3. ___________
Sad 1. ____________
2. ___________
3. ___________
Friends 1. ____________
2. _____________
3. ____________
Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead 💜




No comments:
Post a Comment